AAA Defensive Driving
Length of Program: 8 Weeks
Format of Program:
- 8/9/2021 – Defensive Driving – 8 Hours
- 10/1/2021 – [email protected] – 4 Hours
- Practical Instruction – Behind the wheel training scheduled to fit student and instructor availability
- 14 years or older
- Parental Consent
- State Photo ID
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Class D Driving Test (if student is over the age of 16 and has held permit for more than 6 months)
- [email protected]
- Certificate of Completion
This program is designed for novice drivers, and provides the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pass a Class D road exam. This course includes both 12 hours of theory/classroom and 8 hours of behind the wheel instruction.
Students must also log a minimum of 32 hours of practice drive time with a licensed driver outside of scheduled class time, be 16 years of age or older, and have held their class D permit for a minimum of 6 months.
Students that meet these requirements are eligible to take their class D road exam at the end of the program.
- Triple A Student Manual
- [email protected] Student Manual
- DMV Driver’s Manual
|Basic Vehicle Controls||Defensive Driving||Vehicle Readiness||Vision and Perception|
|Rules of the Road||Managing Space||Risk Reducing Strategies||Basic Maneuvering|
|Personal Factors Influencing Operator Performance||Driving at Night||[email protected]||Vehicle Functions and Malfunctions, and Collision Reporting|
Total Cost: $750