Alaskan Mechanic Level One – High School Pathway
Length of Program: 8 Weeks
Format of Program:
- Live Online Instruction
- Self-Paced Online Independent study
- Practical Instruction
First day of class – New Student Orientation via Blackboard
Live lectures via Blackboard every week
8 hours of shop time
- Enrolled in Highschool Pathway
- Parental Consent
- DL or State ID
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Certificate of Completion
This program is the first level in the introductory course to basic automotive mechanics, including engines, brakes, fluids, and routine maintenance.
Theory based learning is reinforced by demonstration of techniques using real-world examples. This program includes both independent study and at least 20 hours of live, online instruction.
Students will also have the opportunity to observe an active shop.
- How Cars Work
- NIT Blackboard Student Access
- Additional one time books and materials charge of $250 to be collected before start of course (separate from tuition cost).
|Engine||Drive Train||Fuel System||Cooling System|
|Running Gear||Brakes||Electrical System||Maintenance & Safety|
Total Cost: $450