Please contact our office for current openings
CDL Road Exam / 058
Northern Industrial Training, LLC is a approved third party test provider for the state of Alaska for class A, B, or C commercial vehicles.The exam is given by an Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles Certified Examiner. Restriction removal and endorsement tests are also available.
- Class A and B commercial vehicles are available for road exam use. A student may provide their own vehicle as long as it meets the standards set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for commercial road exams. Proof of current insurance and vehicle registration is required.
- Class C commercial vehicles are not provided. Students must provide their own vehicle that meets standards set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association (FMCSA) and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for commercial road exams.Students must provide current insurance and vehicle registration.
- Sections 11, 12, and 13 of the Alaska CDL Manual describe all of the skills required to pass the road exam. It is recommended that you review sections 11,12, and 13 before taking an exam. The CDL Manual can be found online at: http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/dlmanual/cdlmanual.pdf
CERTIFICATIONS OR CERTIFICATES
- Upon successful completion, students have the opportunity to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License in the class of vehicle tested. This will be available at any Alaskan DMV.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- 2 Hours
FORMAT OF EXAM
- All three skill areas of the road exam must be successfully completed in order to obtain a CDL license.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 19 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Physical Card
- IA or IB Permit for a minimum of 14 days
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Preferred experience in a CDL vehicle prior to attending
NIT Commercial Vehicle: $400
Personal Commercial Vehicle: $125
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.