Please contact our office for current openings
Long Combination Vehicles / TD111
This long combination vehicle (tandem training) course is a graduated training program for the experienced professional driver with a Class A license.
This training provides the opportunity for an experienced driver who possesses a CDL A to get the additional skills to pull more than one trailer (doubles). This certification meets the FMCSA requirements. This is a 40-hour course.
- Section 1: Orientation, LCVs in Trucking, Regulatory Factors, Driver Qualifications, Vehicle Configuration Factors
- Section 2: Basic Operation Inspection, Coupling and Uncoupling, Basic Maneuvers, Turning, Steering and Tracking Proficiency Development
- Section 3: Safe Operating Practices, Interacting with Traffic, Speed and Space Management, Night Operations, Extreme Driving Conditions, Security Issues, Proficiency Development
- Section 4: Advanced Operations, Hazard Perception, Hazardous Situations, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section 5: Non-Driving Activities, Routes and Trip Planning, Cargo and Weight Considerations
- Section 6: Range and Street Driving: Basic maneuvers, Coupling and Uncoupling, Over the Road Trip on Alaskan Highways
CERTIFICATIONS OR CERTIFICATES
- Upon successful completion, students have the opportunity to obtain an FMCSA Longer Combination Vehicle (LCV) Driver Training Certificate
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- 40 Hours
FORMAT OF PROGRAM
- 1 week, minimum of 2 students
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 19 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Physical
- Experienced Driver
- Valid CDL A for most current 6 months – Must provide a letter from employer
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.