Pro Truck Driver 160 Hours / TD107
Pro Truck Driver (160 Hours) / TD107
The program begins with permit preparation, during which general knowledge, airbrakes, and combination vehicle topics are covered in depth in preparation for commercial license permitting. Once students have gained a CLP, techniques learned in the classroom are applied to driving range, street, and highway practical exercises. Every student will practice all of the skills necessary to safely operate a tractor trailer and successfully complete a CDL Class A road exam.
Students learn and master turning, backing, and shifting skills on an 80 plus acre driving range. Once student drivers have gained experience and confidence on the driving range, students and driving instructors proceed with street driving to polish and hone students’ skills in real world situations.
All of this training is conducted in preparation of the student’s CDL skills test where students must demonstrate knowledge of the truck’s condition through a pre-trip inspection and complete a set of driving skills administered by a certified CDL examiner.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 19 Years of Age or Older by Graduation Date
- DMV Driver’s History Report
- DOT Physical Card
- FMCSA/DOT Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License (held for a minimum of one year)
DMV REQUIREMENT: ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Starting January 2, 2019 if you are:
Applying for a CDL for the first time;
Transferring a CDL from out-of-state; or
Removing or adding restrictions or endorsements
You are required to obtain a REAL ID. Information regarding documentation required for a REAL ID can be found at:
DMV LICENSE / ENDORSEMENT FEES
- DMV – CDL Permit Fee $15.00 (paid to the State of Alaska)
- DMV – CDL License Fee $120 (paid to State of Alaska)
- General Knowledge
- Air Brakes
- Combination Vehicle
- Hours of Service
- Public Relations and Job Search
- Driver Health, Safety, and Security
- Whistleblower Protections for Professional Drivers
- Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA)
- All practical knowledge needed to successfully complete a Class A CDL Road Exam
CERTIFICATE OR CERTIFICATES
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
- Entry Level Driver Qualification
- NIT Certificate of Completion
- State of Alaska Commercial Driver’s License Class A
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.