HIGH SCHOOL PATHWAYS - AAA DEFENSIVE DRIVING
NIT is now offering AAA Defensive Driving High School Pathway.
Designed to teach a new driver the skills needed to successfully pass a Class D road exam.
Length of Program: 8 Weeks
Format of Program:
- Defensive Driving - 12 Hours - taught over 2, 6-hour days
- ALIVE@25 - 4 Hours
- Practical Instruction - Behind the wheel training scheduled to fit student and instructor availability
- 14 years or older - however student cannot test unless he/she is over the age of 16 and has held permit for more than 6 months
- Parental Consent
- State Photo ID
Certifications & Qualifications:
- Class D Driving Test (if student is over the age of 16 and has held permit for more than 6 months)
- Certificate of Completion
This program is designed for novice drivers, and provides the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pass a Class D road exam. This course includes both 12 hours of theory/classroom and 8 hours of behind the wheel instruction.
Students must also log a minimum of 32 hours of practice drive time with a licensed driver outside of scheduled class time, be 16 years of age or older, and have held their class D permit for a minimum of 6 months.
Students that meet these requirements are eligible to take their class D road exam at the end of the program.
- Triple A Student Manual
- Alive@25 Student Manual
- DMV Driver’s Manual
|Basic Vehicle Controls||Defensive Driving||Vehicle Readiness||Vision and Perception|
|Rules of the Road||Managing Space||Risk Reducing Strategies||Basic Maneuvering|
|Personal Factors Influencing Operator Performance||Driving at Night||Alive@25||Vehicle Functions and Malfunctions, and Collision Reporting|
Total Cost: $900