PRO TRUCK DRIVER 320 HOURS
Pro Truck Driver (320 Hours) / TD110
This program is recognized by and based on the Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI) standards. PTDI is a nationally recognized and highly respected standard in the trucking industry.
This program begins with a CDL permit study session and permit testing. Once students have gained a CLP and completed the PTDI classroom requirements, they will apply the techniques explained in the classroom to driving range, street, and highway practical exercises. Every student will practice all of the skills necessary to safely operate a tractor trailer and successfully complete the CDL Class A road exam.
Behind the wheel time consists of time spent behind the wheel of a tractor trailer combination applying the driving techniques discussed in the classroom. Student truck drivers learn and master the turning, backing and shifting skills on a 80 plus acre driving range.Once student drivers have gained experience and confidence on the driving range, students and driving instructors proceed with street driving to polish and hone students’ skills in real world situations. All of this training is conducted in preparation of the CDL skills test, where students must successfully pass a pre-trip inspections and a set of driving skills administered by a certified CDL examiner.
Additional training provided for Driver Finishing will include advanced driving techniques, city driving and truck routes, CDL B Passenger, and long haul operations.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 19 Years of Age or Older by Graduation Date
- DMV Driver’s History Report
- DOT Physical Card
- FMCSA/DOT Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Social Security Card
- Valid Driver’s License (held for a minimum of one year)
Starting January 2, 2019 if you are:
Applying for a CDL for the first time;
Transferring a CDL from out-of-state; or
Removing or adding restrictions or endorsements
You are required to obtain a REAL ID. Information regarding documentation required for a REAL ID can be found at:
DMV LICENSE / ENDORSEMENT FEES
- DMV–CDL Permit Fee $15.00 (paid to the State of Alaska)
- DMV–CDL License Fee $100 (paid to State of Alaska)
- General Knowledge
- Combination Vehicle
- Air Brakes
- Hours of Service
- Public Relations and Job Search
- Whistleblower Protections for Professional Drivers
- Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA)
- Vehicle Systems
- Transportation Technology
- Basic Control
- Accident Procedures
- Visual Search
- Preventative Maintenance and Servicing
- All practical knowledge needed to successfully complete a CDL Class B Passenger Road Exam
- OSHA Forklift Safety
- Backing and Docking
- Vehicle Inspections
- Space Management
- Driver Health, Safety, and Security
- All practical knowledge needed to successfully complete a CDL Class A Road Exam
CERTIFICATIONS OR CERTIFICATES
- Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
- Entry Level Driver Qualification
- NIT Certificate of Completion
- OSHA Forklift Safety
- Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI) Certificate of Attainment
- State of Alaska Commercial Driver’s License A or B
We currently do not have any openings in our Pro Truck Driver (320 Hours)/TD110 Program.
UPCOMING COURSE CALENDAR
ALASKA CDL MANUAL PDF:
ALASKA CDL INFO:
ALASKA CDL PERMIT (CLP) INFO:
ALASKA CDL VEHICLE TYPE, ENDORSEMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS:
WHAT SELF CERTIFICATION IS:
WHAT A MEDICAL CARD REQUIREMENT IS:
WHERE TO SCHEDULE HAZMAT BACKGROUND CHECK:
The following information applies to all NIT vocational programs, and any continued education programs exceeding 80 hours:
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.
An applicant may apply at any time but may enter class only on specified starting dates. Classes have limited enrollment. If you have questions about our classes and course schedules, please contact us at 907-357-6400.