Palmer Main Campus, 1740 N. Terrilou Ct., Palmer, AK
In this 4-week program students learn to fabricate metal by cutting, altering, and shaping steel or other materials. Basic and advanced shop math formulas will be introduced throughout the program. It is required that prospective trainees should have current SMAW or FCAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G & 4G (with, or without backing), or successfully qualify before the start of the class.
- Fabrication Cutting and Shaping. Contact Hours: 40
- Joining Fit-up and Alignment. Contact Hours: 40
- Mechanical Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Oxy-fuel Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Plasma Arc Cutting. Contact Hours: 8
- Reading Welding Detail Drawings. Contact Hours: 20
- Safety. Contact Hours: 20 Hours
- Weld Quality. Contact Hours: 16
CERTIFICATIONS OR CERTIFICATES
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
- NIT Certificate of Completion
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- 160 Hours (Homework Required)
FORMAT OF PROGRAM
- Format may vary. Please contact the office for most up-to-date schedule.
- Conducted at the Main Campus in Palmer, Alaska
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 18 Years of Age or Older
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Leather Steel Toed Boots meeting ANSI Standard 2413
- Pre-Participation Physical
- Current SMAW AWS D1.1-latest edition 3G+4G, or 6G (with, or without backing). Or successfully qualify before the start of class.
- Social Security Card
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License or State Issued Photo ID
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.