CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT 240 HOURS
Construction Equipment is a lucrative and seasonal field in Alaska. NIT has developed programs to provide experience and certifications necessary for entry level employment in the Construction Equipment Industry. The following programs allow individuals to attend without requiring a Commercial Driver’s license.
Students will be trained on various pieces of equipment and ancillary subjects. A written test and practical evaluation will be conducted for each module. Students will have up to 120 hours on equipment prior to testing. Training equipment includes but is not limited to: loader (with various attachments) dozer, excavator, forklift, and end dump. Training consists of both classroom and outside lab instruction. Over 70% of this program is spent on hands-on operation.
- Heavy Equipment Safety
- Compaction Equipment
- On Road Dump Truck
- Front End Loader with Forks
- Trenching & Shoring
- Grades, Soils, Site Work
- End Dump
CERTIFICATIONS OR CERTIFICATES
Graduates who successfully complete the course have the opportunity to earn the following certifications or certificates.
- NIT Heavy Equipment Certifications for Loader, Dozer, Excavator, End Dump, Front End Loader with Forks
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction
- Trenching & Shoring
- ATSSA Flagger
- NCCER submission for completed written and practical modules
- NIT Certificate of Completion
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
- 240 Hours (Homework Required)
FORMAT OF PROGRAM
- 6 Weeks (4 days per week, 10 hours each day)
- Conducted at the Main Campus in Palmer, Alaska
PREREQUISITES FOR ENROLLMENT
- 18 Years of Age
- Social Security Card
- State Issued Photo ID or Driver’s License
- Pre-Participation Physical
- DOT Equivalent Drug Test (If accepted, test can be done no more than 10 days before class begins)
- Steel Toed Boots
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, AWS certification fees, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.
UPCOMING COURSE CALENDAR
The following information applies to all NIT vocational programs, and any continued education programs exceeding 80 hours:
It is the applicant’s responsibility to secure funding or provide payment for tuition and any training related costs. Additional costs not included in this price are, but not limited to: drug test and physicals, transportation, room and board, child care, etc.
An applicant may apply at any time but may enter class only on specified starting dates. Classes have limited enrollment. If you have questions about our classes and course schedules, please contact us at 907-357-6400.